I’ve never really liked making lists, preferring to let the ideas or things to do just swirl around in my head, drifting like a petal in a slow flowing stream, occasionally taken where it needs to go but often floating away, not to be seen or thought of again.
Yet this time I am going to make one, because I am good at making lists of excuses for not doing or being or saying …
This blog of mine has almost died a natural death from lack of content and shame of sharing, but I want to give it a final attempt.
Here is my list of excuses for not writing on my blog since last October :
- Not being read so what’s the point (in my feeling sorry for myself mode)
- Got out of my routine
- Family commitments
- Started swimming lessons
- Started harp lessons
- Got into too many Netflix series
- Joined a writing group and got bogged down by their content and ignored mine
- Comparison leading to giving up
- Eating priorities, including my nails
- Lots of group meetings for prayer
- Lingering over social media
- Occasional godson school runs
- Resting too much
- Thinking, over-thinking, thinking again
- There are others but the petals have floated away.
Please give it another go!